Sunday 19 February 2012

Week 4, Naroa

New week, new Basque! Meet Naroa, another London Basque.

My name is Naroa and even if I was born in Bizkaia I moved to San Sebastian many years ago and I've lived there since then. 

I came to London about three months ago. My two main purposes when I came here were to improve my English and get a job. I've been very lucky since I have the opportunity to both teach and learn at the same time: I'm working at an English school as a Spanish teaching assistant... and I'm loving it!

Besides, being Basque means a lot to me. I'm proud of being born in this Country and I think we've got a very especial and interesting culture. Furthermore, from my point of view is a pity that, in this case, most of English people (at least the ones I've come to meet) know very little about our culture. For that reason, I'd love to contribute in your project as it is a very good idea to share different ideas and make people be aware of the richness of our Country. 

I'm looking forward to having my "Basque Week".